Friday, September 17, 2010

MUM's the word!


What better way to fall-ify your front porch than with mums in gorgeous hues of orange and yellow? I am on a mission to add a little fall decor to the front porch! (Even if it isn't my house! Thanks to my in-laws for indulging me in my need to decorate.) Mums are inexpensive and add such a nice pop of color.

And I will share a little secret with you... Join The Home Depot Garden Club. I joined the email club in the spring and receive periodic emails with money saving coupons for all manner of gardening and yard items. I don't use the coupons very often, since I don't have my own house and my in-laws' yard doesn't need much, but a coupon for mums caught my eye last week. I had seen these stunning mums at the grocery store, but with a $12.99 price tag, those babies weren't coming home with me. A couple days later, a Buy 2 get 1 FREE coupon for mums popped up in my email from The Home Depot!

It was meant to be...

The 6" mums at Home Depot were priced at $2.88 and much more within my price range! So for $6 plus my coupon, I walked out of Home Depot with 3 beautiful mums! What a thrifty way to add a little pizzaz to your porch or yard. And if you don't have a porch or yard, potted plants/mums make great gifts.


So what's the moral of this story? Join The Home Depot Garden Club , by clicking HERE, to help save you some moolaa on all your yard and gardening endeavors. And don't forget that your front porch needs a little fall lovin' too! More porch fall lovin' to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment