Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Calendar Art

We are more than half way through the year and I am seeing 2011 calendars all over the place now. I thought I would give you a thrifty tip for reusing your old calendars and creating some beautiful, custom wall art.

Several years ago, I used an old calendar that had different pictures of Christ for each month of the year. I picked out my favorites, bought a mat and frame during Hobby Lobby's 50% off sale, and put together my own pictures to decorate our house with. Here are a few of the results:


(This one is my favorite!)
How easy is that? And you still get the custom look of having bought expensive works of art by choosing big, chunky, expensive looking (but not) picture frames on sale. You can even find great frames at garage sales!

If you don't have an old calendar you like enough to frame prints from (aka - The Chick-fil-a calendar I have hanging up in my room right now... not exactly the art you would probably want hanging in your home! It was totally about the monthly coupons for free chicken sandwiches - not asthetics!), I found some nice 2011 calendars at Michael's for only $1. That's right, $1. You could get 12 pictures from one calendar for only $1. Now that is thrifty art! Here are some pictures of the calendar I bought for $1:
The front of the calendar.
They had a fairly good selection of all different calendars.
I liked the feminine, frilly look of this calendar with nice sayings printed on each page.

(Keep in mind that the beautiful colors are not translating very well through the computer...)

You don't even have to frame the whole page.
Cut out just what you love.
If you don't like what the page says, but you like the beautiful flower or bird, frame just the part that speaks to you.
This calendar would make some lovely botanical prints with just the flowers.



And you can conveniently see all the pages available on the back of the calendar.

If you need artwork for your walls on the cheap, consider this option!
I love all the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment