Monday, October 11, 2010

Thrifty Finds and Makeovers

I know, I know. This isn't the post I promised with details of the baby shower. That will be my next post. I promise :). For now I just wanted to share some thrifty finds and a few makeovers of my garage sale treasures. I didn't go garage saleing this past weekend due to the baby shower. These are my finds from last weekend:

3 legged table - $2
(see what I may do with this HERE)
gold star - 75 cents
bag of dominoes - $1
(I will show you what I did with these later...)
bag of corks - $1
(make great vase fillers/dollar store hurricane fillers!)
black frame - 50 cents
cute honey jar - 50 cents
And my favorite find:
Set of 4 platters with iron serving rack for $3! That's right. $3.
I was in love! I have a weakness for serving dishes. And with 4 different colors to choose from...wow. It was practically brand new. And the price...I could go on.


And just to give you a taste of what I have done with some past garage sale finds, and so you don't think I just buy random junk (at least that is what my husband says sometimes...):
Remember these finds from a couple weeks ago?

Here is the 25 cent green vase today:

Nestled in my Halloween vignette with a nice coat of Heirloom White spray paint, some spanish moss, and sticks spray painted black. And of course a Dollar Tree crow perched in the branches. I think this works just a bit better than the candle I had there previously (the candle found its way to the mantle).
Sigh...
It just makes me smile when I look at this :)
Here is the 50 cent chunky frame with a coat of Heirloom White and some calendar art above the toilet in our newly repainted bathroom. This whole piece cost $1.50 for the frame and the calendar.
Gotta love a thrifty makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment