Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer Fun Kit

Since Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer, I thought I would put together some easy summer fun kits. I always think of things I should have brought with us when we take an impromptu trip to the park and I thought it would be nice to have it all together in one place. I assembled two kits - one for the car and one to be kept near the front door. I mainly used items I found at Dollar Tree or in the dollar spot at Target.



The Car Kit



I put a frisbee, some sand pails and shovels, a bubble wand, sand/dirt digging tools, a bucket of sidewalk chalk and some sunblock together in a red basket from Dollar Tree. Now that I have this stowed in the back of my car, I am ready for any summer outdoor adventure with Spencer.

The possibilities are endless!
You can completely customize this to your family's needs.




Here's a smaller version I put together to be used at home, stored near the front door. It always seems that Spencer asks me for the same things when he is playing outside: sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and something to water the flowers with. Now I don't have to go searching all over the house and the whole basket can be brought outside. I also added a container of sunblock too as a reminder to put some on when playing outside! This is great for when mom isn't home and dad is entertaining the kiddos oustide.




Finish it off with some ribbon and you are ready for some summer fun!



What items would you put in your summer fun basket?

No comments:

Post a Comment