Monday, May 23, 2011

Baby Girl Inspiration

I wanted to share some of the inspiration I have been collecting for baby girl davis's nursery. While I don't have a space to decorate as a nursery yet, a girl must be prepared for these things right?

I struggle a little with the color pink. It is not my favorite-especially pastel pink. I don't wear pink, I don't decorate with pink, I don't gravitate towards pink in any way. But nothing says "little girl" better than pink. It is starting to grow on me. I love this crib bedding:
I love all the different shades of pink combined with green.

Here's a look at some of the pages I have collected from Pottery Barn Kids catalogs. You can sign up to get the Pottery Barn Kids catalog for free HERE. I may not be able to afford Pottery Barn prices but I love to get inspiration from the beautifully decorated rooms they feature.


I LOVE pink when paired with green! And I love the chandelier hanging above the crib...

Isn't that bed skirt gorgeous? I like that pink and blue color together too.


Aren't those canopies cute?

I could see modifying the no-sew canopy/mosquito net I made HERE to look like one of these...hmmm....

I'm not sure if you can see that adorable lamp, but the pink roses all over the lampshade would be SO easy to recreate.

I love the wreath of flowers suspended over the crib like a mobile.

The tissue pom poms hanging from the branches are so fun and whimsical.

Some more nursery inspiration can be found HERE. I am completely in love with this nursery even though it is very different from my style. Maybe it is the neutral color palate that I love? I'm not sure, but it is absolutely gorgeous and really looks like it could be featured in the pages of a Pottery Barn catalog!

I am looking forward to decorating for a baby girl and I will of course keep you updated on any projects I attempt to recreate.

No comments:

Post a Comment