Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Because every girl should have a pony...

Remember the brass figurines that were popular for decorating purposes in the 80s and early 90s? My parents had a couple - a small rocking horse and a group of geese in a row - that seemed to be part of their decor for WAY longer than was trendy. Now if you are a fan of these brass figures, and I am sure there could be a place for them in some households, you may want to avert your eyes. And who knows, maybe I'm just unaware of what a collectors item these figures have become... ?

I found this brass carousel horse (pictured above) at a garage sale this weekend for $1 and thought I could give it a little update. After some heirloom white spray paint and pink and green ribbons tied around the top for girlie flair, here she is:

I thought this would be a cute addition to baby girl Davis's nursery...at some point... when she has a nursery ;). Because every girl should have a pony, right?

I just love what a little spray paint can do!

1 comment: