Sunday, July 3, 2011

Patriotic pancakes and a refreshing drink

Our Sunday morning breakfast was just a little more festive and patriotic, courtesy of some red food coloring and blueberry syrup. I divided the pancake batter in half and colored one half with red food coloring. The blue came in the form of blueberry syrup topped with a little whipped cream. Even as an adult, I love adding some coloring to my food to make holidays more special!

The pancakes were very yummy!

And here is a refreshing drink idea for those hot summer days. I mentioned this recipe on my family blog last summer, but wanted to share it with you again. It's called Brazilian Lemonade and is oh so easy to make.

Mix together 1 container of Simply Limeade with 1/2 a can of sweetened condensed milk in a glass pitcher. I use a whisk to make sure that the condensed milk gets incorporated.

Pour yourself a glass and garnish with a lime slice if you like.
The taste is sweet with a little tang from the lime.
It is delicious and quickly becoming one of my favorite summer drinks!

Have a Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment