Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Celebrating Baby Girls

This is the beautiful sight I get to wake up to each morning (and multiple times a night). I am so lucky :). We welcomed little Presley Grace to our family on Tuesday, August 23. I have thoroughly enjoyed basking in all things girl and celebrating this new addition to our family.

However, in the last few weeks, with my pregnancy, delivery, and adjusting to life with two kids - lets just say the creative juices have not been flowing much! I hope to resume a more regular blogging schedule in the next few weeks. After all, fall is almost here! And then comes Halloween and our annual Halloween party! There will be much to blog about...

Until then, here is a baby shower favor I put together for my friend Brittany's baby shower. She too is preparing to welcome a new baby girl in mid-September.

I baked up some Snickerdoodle cupcakes and layered them with cinnamon buttercream frosting in 8 oz. mason jars. (I shared this recipe on the blog last year. You can find it HERE.) I tied a pink ribbon around each jar and added a sign next to the tray of jars telling guests to take one home with them. Jar cupcakes are an easy, portable take home favor for any shower or party and they make such a great impression on guests!

"Sugar and spice and everything nice...that's what little girls are made of."

Snickerdoodle cupcakes supported this classic recipe for little girls since they are full of sugar and spice too! I can think of no better way to celebrate a baby girl than with a sweet cupcake!

* If you like the idea of food in a jar as much as I do, check out this list of 50 foods you can put in a jar. I love all the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment