Tuesday, March 8, 2011

An Easter Craft

This is a project that I made last spring but never got the chance to blog about. I have never been one for Easter decorating. In fact, until last year I didn't own any Easter/spring decorating items. I am usually not one for pastel colors, cutsey ceramic bunnies, or decorating with eggs. Until last year. I was checking up on some of the blogs I follow and came across an Easter project that immediately grabbed my attention. Kimba from A Soft Place to Land stole my heart with her moss covered basket full of eggs. I am not sure what it was that I loved - maybe the earthy, naturalness of it? The subtle hint of Easter without the in-your-face pastels? I can't quite put my finger on it, but I was in love. In fact, I think I left for Hobby Lobby not long after reading through her tutorial to purchase the materials. You can see Kimba's full tutorial HERE. As for the materials I used: - 99 cent wicker basket from Goodwill - Sheet moss from Hobby Lobby - found in the dried flower section and purchased with a 40% off coupon. - I couldn't find twine that looked like Kimba's, but I purchased the rope on the handle from Hobby Lobby in the craft section. - 2 bags of eggs from Michael's purchased at 50% off. I really liked the muted, natural looking colors of these eggs but you could use any type of faux egg that you like. - Having a plate or platter to place under the basket is essential if you want to avoid having bits of moss flake off onto every surface! I found this plastic platter in the dollar section at Target and spray painted it heirloom white. This was an easy, thrifty craft that you still have plenty of time to recreate before Easter (Easter isn't until April 24!). I love the results! Do you decorate for Easter? I am slowly coming around :).

No comments:

Post a Comment